Update posted October 6, 2004
* … a comprehensive suite of server-side software tools to help any small press print cartoonist or webcomics creator build and manage his/her online business.
* … the backend engine which currently drives many of the most successful commercial webcomics businesses, including Modern Tales, serializer.net, GirlAMatic and Graphic Smash.
* … supported by a network of standalone websites designed to pull potential audience members to WCN cartoonist’s work by offering content that is tangentially or directly related to comics, but not necessarily related specifically to WCN or WCN cartoonists themselves; several of these sites will be launching in the months of October, November, and December. Two currently-existing sites that fit this description are TalkAboutComics.com and GraphicNovelReview.com
* … a community of professional cartoonists, including leading webcomics creators like Shaenon Garrity (Narbonic) and Dorothy Gambrell (Cat and Girl) as well as well-known small press print creators like James Kochalka (Sketchbook Diaries/American Elf), Roger Langridge (Fred the Clown) and Donna Barr (The Desert Peach).
* … is currently a closed circuit, an invitation-only beta testing playground.
* … is launching wide, soon, allowing any cartoonist to play.
Not quite a year late, but getting close. However, when it does arrive it should be cool and I’ll be shifting Deputised Experts over to it.