We, the undersigned, believe that the slang term �yiff� (The Word) should be added into the Oxford English Dictionary. An entire community, the furry community, uses The Word in just about every aspect of such. All that we ask is that The Word be added into the next convenient edition of the Oxford English Dictionary. The Word is defined as followed:
1) (Noun) Sound made by mating foxes.
2) (Noun) More or less sexual act. Commonly used by furries, usually denotes standard intercourse but may denote any kind of sexual behavior between any type and number of parties (imaginary anthropomorphic creatures, humans, animals, even inanimate objects like plush toys).
3) (Verb) Like in meaning 2, “to yiff”.
4) Furry (or otherwise) artwork depicting yiff as in meaning 3.
5) Expression of joy (by furries)
6) Non-invasive question about sexual feelings/will to mate.
Note in all sexual meanings this has a very specific emotional background: It’s neither considered vulgar (like “fuck” or technical (like “have intercourse”) or emotion-less (like “make love”). It’s playful, considering the act like something fun, nice, pleasant and not very important – without any special obligations attached to it. “Let’s yiff” has about the same emotional background as “Let’s play”.
1) I heard foxes making the “yiff” noises.
2) Are you into yiff, or just cuddles?
3) Let’s yiff.
4) It’s hard to find good yiff on VCL nowadays.
7) I did it! Yiff-yiff-yiff-yiff-yiff!
8) “Yiff?” “No, thanks, I don’t quite feel like this right now.”
Technorati tag: Furries