First Casting

I’m working toward making and selling a range of bases cast in plaster of paris. I made my first mould over the weekend, though I got it wrong and the latex took three days to cure. The first plaster base was extracted yesterday. There are some imperfections in the surface, including bubbles and a slight indentation, that mean the mould isn’t ready yet to produce commercial copies. However it is going to be used to cast a wax blank on which I’ll build the first decorated base- either a street scene with pavement for smaller Cararama vehicles and such like or a generic planking floor that could suit various scales.

More reports as the project progresses.

Technorati tag: ,