Council Tax rebates for energy saving

Did you know you can get Council Tax rebates for doing energy saving renovations to your house? I’m not a homeowner, so I hadn’t looked into it (and if I was and had it still hasn’t been extended to Manchester yet). 21 councils across England and Wales are offering one-off council tax rebates to any householder who spends more than £250 on cavity wall insulation. British Gas pays for £50 of the rebate and councils can top the amount up to £100. Scottish Gas is calling for a change to Scottish law so they can run a similar scheme.

To find out about other grants for energy saving go to the Energy Saving Trust site.

Technorati tag: , ,