Pop Music- the end of the project

I finished work on the Pop all in one big burst. After a lot of faffing around with seats from the Cararama Morgan Plus 8 I decided not to do an interior and build the car as a slammer with mirrored windows. The fact that the supplied vacformed windows didn’t fit was another factor in this decision. The Pop’s windows are made from tin foil, held in place by white glue.

The body was then superglued to the chassis. It only really became obvious at this point that the front wheels are sitting a little far back. It’s too late to do anything about that now, but I’ll keep it in mind for future models.

The final details were a rear number plate (from the Spinneyhead Small Scale Customs range) and side mirrors from Taylor Precision Models. The mirrors were fixed with super glue and a lot of swearing. The language was justified when one of the mirrors fell off and became a prized possession of the Carpet People.

After its photo session Pop Music was glued onto a Cararama base for display and storage.

Every build’s a learning experience. The photos show up imperfections in the paint job that the naked eye can’t discern. The lesson there is that I need an air brush and painting booth. I also need a cleaner work surface so I don’t lose fiddly little bits. And, most importantly, I need to work faster, because this build dragged on for a bit too long.

Previous Pop Music posts-
Project Pop- chassis and painting
Additions to Spinneyhead’s little garage
Ford Pop Hot Rods

Technorati tag: , , ,